School District 35, "The Killough School"

District 35 provided education through the eighth grade from 1879 until 1958. The schoolhouse sat upon Felix Alexander Killough's homestead, filed January 2, 1879, which adjoined the homestead of his father, Thomas Donley Killough, filed June 9, 1875, in this same section. The pupils were mostly Killoughs, especially in the later years. In 1928 the teacher was Loretta Britten and the pupils were Corrine, Donald, Esther, Fern, Pauline, and Thelma Killough. The school board was Samuel Killough, Thomas Donley Killough II, and Fred Schroeder.

Images

Map

7 miles north Guide Rock on Nebr. 78, 2 miles east, 1.5 miles north