Cowles Consolidated School

The village of Cowles, founded in 1878 and incorporated in 1912, in 1913 approved a bond issue of $14,000 to construct a three-story brick schoolhouse on this site. It was completed in 1915. Classes were taught there to the eleventh grade level. The first twelfth grade class was graduated in 1920, when District 73 became Cowles Consolidated School, District K. Thereafter twelve grades were taught until the school was closed in 1959.

Images

Map

Fourth and Adams Sts., Cowles