The Wallace W. and Libby King Waterman sod house, located nine miles north of here on the Day Road, was built about 1886. The original dwelling had three rooms. In 1925 it was enlarged and remodeled by Virgil and Helen Burke Waterman, and the sod walls were covered with concrete. The family lived in the house until 1989, and it was donated to the Deuel County Historical Society in 1993. The house is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.