This bridge originally spanned Willow Creek southwest of Pierce. It was fabricated in 1913 by the Canton (Ohio) Bridge Company, which held Pierce County's bridge contract between 1905 and 1918. It was moved here in 1994.
The thirty-four-foot steel span is configured as a rigid-connected lattice pony truss, a very old truss type commonly used in wood for covered bridges. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1992, it was one of two of its type in Nebraska at the time.