Springfield Community Hall

The Springfield Community Hall was constructed between 1938 and 1940 by the Works Progress Administration, a national relief program during the Great Depression. Construction of the hall, using sandstone quarried a few miles west of town, bolstered the local economy by employing area men. Since its completion, the building has provided Springfield with a public facility which has been used for educational, recreational, and political events. In 1998 the structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Images

Map

104 Main St., Springfield