Susan LaFlesche Picotte Memorial Hospital
This hospital was built in 1912 under the guidance of Dr. Susan La Flesche Picotte, the first Native American woman physician, with the financial support of the Presbyterian Board of Home Missions and other donors. It served both Native American and white people. In 1988 the Susan La Flesche Picotte Center was established here to commemorate Dr. Picotte as a model student, servant, healer, and leader. The hospital was named a National Historic Landmark in 1993.