Founded in 1877, Pleasant Hill Cemetery was used until 1918. The cemetery contains graves of Civil War veterans along with other settlers and their children. Pleasant HillUnited Brethren Church stood nearby; it closed in 1962.
The Pleasant Hill Cemetery Association was formed in 1890 when Joel Royer deeded the land. The cemetery serves as a memorial to the settlers of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, and to the hardships they faced.