The first Keya Paha County Fair was held in September 1898. Ever since, the center of the fair’s activities has been the Barn Dance. The current fairground was purchased in 1921. A new dance hall was approved in 1929 and built by Fred Taylor. The first dance was held here on May 6, 1932. The Agricultural Society has since expanded the building, added electricity, and replaced the oak dance floor. The hall hosts the fair and multiple community and family gatherings each year.