Other than an occasional missionary or circuit rider, there were no church organizations of any kind for miles in any direction. On September 12, 1910, neighbors gathered in the Dry Valley schoolhouse and organized the Dry Valley Union Congregational Church. Robert and Alverda Boyer donated land three miles west in the NE1/4, Sec. 6, Twp. 26N, Rng. 32W for a cemetery and church. The first burial was November 1910.
Stonemason E. L. Holland, who lived nearby, made and laid the 24-inch concrete blocks using native sand for the church construction. He set the cornerstone June 3, 1911. The church, featuring eight arched windows and tin ceiling, was dedicated December 8, 1912. In 1924 the membership withdrew from the denomination. Sunday school continued and visiting pastors conducted services until 1958.
In 1987 neighbors gathered again, this time to save and restore the church. Sunset services prior to Memorial Day and Christmas candlelight services are held annually; weddings, baptisms, and funerals occasionally.