John G. Neihardt Study

The building was erected on this site in the 1890s for August Hartman and used as a residence by various owners until 1964. Poet John G. Neihardt rented the building from 1911 through 1920 for a study. Here he wrote his lyrics, prose, and part of the epic A Cycle of the West. The Neihardt Study was restored in 1967 and entered in the National Register of Historic Places in 1970.



Grove and Washington Sts., Bancroft