William Henry Ferguson, Lincoln businessman and investor, built this house in 1909-11. It is one of the best examples of the Second Renaissance Revival style in Lincoln and perhaps in Nebraska. Architects were Searles, Hirsh and Gavin of Cleveland, Ohio; the builder was Olson Construction of Lincoln. Purchased by the State of Nebraska in 1963, the Ferguson house is administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society. This property is on the National Register of Historic Places.