Jenner’s Zoological, Educational, and Amusement Park was the creation of Henry Jenner and his brother, Robert Bond Jenner. These young Englishmen left London for Nebraska in the 1880s, making them early pioneers of the area. Originally built about 1900 as a playground for Henry Jenner’s children, Jenner’s Park grew to include an elaborate amusement park, zoo, and museum. It also included a dancing pavilion and baseball field. Rides popular at the park included the Ocean Wave, the Giant Stride, and the Snake Swing. The park featured numerous games, an outdoor theater, and beautiful plants, landscaping, and architecture. The zoo was home to many native and exotic animals from buffaloes and African tortoises to coyotes and monkeys. The Mummy House and museum displayed a rich array of artifacts, including several mummies, collected from around the world by the Jenner brothers. Large crowds flocked to Jenner’s Park each opening day, Independence Day, and during the Fall Harvest Festival. It also drew thousands of visitors from across the state before it closed in 1942. The park area was annexed by Loup City in 1972.