Benjamin Wagoner Memorial Cemetery
Benjamin Wagoner homesteaded this land in 1870. In 1882 his widow, Catharine Fouts Wagoner, gave these 2 1/2 acres in his memory "for the benefit of the community at large and the religious people known as Brethren, or German Baptist, for the purpose of a free burial ground." The first trustees were Edwin Mohler, Henry Wolf, and James McCartney. In 1899 settlers of this community built the Garfield Brethren Church 3/4 mile west on the Noah Wagoner Homestead.