The establishment of the Webster community was centered around this intersection. Beginning in 1871 the village of Webster grew to include a post office, blacksmith shop, telephone company, store, school, and Webster Hall. Webster Hall hosted…

Ann Young was the 36-year-old wife of George Young and the mother of Seth, the first son born to white settlers in Dodge County. The year was 1856, and after forsaking plans to homestead in Kansas the tiny colony, consisting of the Youngs and her…

The north bank of the Platte River, from the 1830's through the 1860's, served as a major overland route to the West. It was used by fur traders, soldiers, gold seekers and other emigrants. The expedition of Major Stephen H. Long passed…

Before the Pawnee Indians were placed on a reservation, they located their last earthlodge villages on these nearby bluffs. Pa-huk' hill, one of the five scared places of the Pawnee, was also here. The villages were occupied from 1850 to 1859 by…

In 1872 Dodge County purchased 160 acres at this site to provide relief for the needy. In 1884 a residence was added for those receiving aid; by 1888 the farm comprised 245 acres. Paid stewards oversaw its operation. After 1935, federal and state…