The Rishel family came from Pennsylvania to Sarpy County in May 1865. The locality where they settled became known as Peach Grove after a nearby post office by that name. The cemetery was established August 30, 1875, when Mary Jane Rishel Long deeded land already used as a family burial ground. Sarah Rishel was the first known burial in 1868. Frank Leslie Rishel was the last known burial in 1935. The cemetery name recalls the former residence of many interred here.